In accordance with national measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 on the territory, the International Centre for Art and Landscape is temporarily closed to the public for an indefinite period. But keep in touch! During that period a contact telephone is provided (+33 5 55 69 27 27). And continue to follow us on social networks!
Vassivière island only seems to be a natural site. in 1952 the creation of a hydroelectric dam turned what was originally a hill into an island. it is now a place whose distinctive history makes it a remarkable imaginative and creative stimulus.
To round off the collection of sculptures that had been on the island since the 1980s, architects Aldo Rossi and Xavier Fabre created an art centre there in 1991. Since then many nationally and internationally known artists have shown their work at the Centre, whose scope was further extended in 2012 with the opening of an annexe to the Castle that now welcome resident artists (Berger & Berger and Building/Building architects). Since 2017 the Art Centre has been an active partner of the Fondation de France “New patrons Action” sponsorship artists.