The International Centre for Art and Landscape is temporarily closed because of the current health crisis.
As soon as re-opening :
Par le chant grondant des vibrations autour
Tiphaine Calmettes: solo exhibition
See press kit
Vassivière island only seems to be a natural site. in 1952 the creation of a hydroelectric dam turned what was originally a hill into an island. it is now a place whose distinctive history makes it a remarkable imaginative and creative stimulus.
To round off the collection of sculptures that had been on the island since the 1980s, architects Aldo Rossi and Xavier Fabre created an art centre there in 1991. Since then many nationally and internationally known artists have shown their work at the Centre, whose scope was further extended in 2012 with the opening of an annexe to the Castle that now welcome resident artists (Berger & Berger and Building/Building architects). Since 2017 the Art Centre has been an active partner of the Fondation de France “New patrons Action” sponsorship artists.